ABOUT WALL DECALS
- what is a Wall Decal? Wall decals are made from a thin self-adhesive vinyl that are transferred on to your wall using a transfer film. Once they are on your wall, they look like a perfectly painted design. Vinyl wall decals are thin, durable and easy to apply.
- will Wall decal colours fade? We do not recommend that you hang our wall decals in direct sunlight. This can affect color fading.
- do you do custom colour or size Wall Decals? If you see something in My Happy Place shop that you might like in a different size or format than we offer, please send us email.
- what is processing time? Please allow 5-10 business days for processing. Processing and shipping time estimates do not account for holidays or non - business days.
- can I apply Wall Decals by myself or should I hire someone? You don't have to be a pro to apply our wall decals but your walls will look like you hired one to redecorate your room!
- can I use your Wall Decals in my bathroom? Our wall decals can be used in a bathroom but NOT in areas where there will be constant direct water contact (ie. inside the shower/tub) . While humid conditions are okay, it’s always a good idea to keep a room well ventilated by opening up a window or turning on the fan.
- are Wall Decals reusable? Wall Decals are NOT reusable. As with any vinyl decal product, although you can remove it safely from your wall, most likely it will stretch and tear making it unusable once it’s completely off the wall. However you can peel the sheet off the wall to re-align it during installation. But please keep in mind that just like any sticker the more you play around with it, the less “sticky” it will get as it picks up dust from the wall.
- what is the lifespan of your Wall Decals? Once you install our wall decals, they will stay on your wall until you are ready to take them down. The adhesive is a removable adhesive that the manufacturer states will be removable for up to 3 years. This means that after three years, the adhesive may be a little harder to remove from the wall without peeling off some paint.
- how long should I wait before installing my Wall Decal? Please wait 30 days before applying to freshly painted walls.
- will your Wall Decals stick to my stain resistant painted walls? If your walls are painted with stain resistant paint, then that means that stains, stickers, WALLPAPER and almost everything you can imagine WILL NOT stick to it.
- is temparature important while installing Wall Decal? Put your hand on the wall. Is the wall room temperature or is it cold? Wall decals do not like cold walls. If you are installing wall decals, turn up the heat and wait until the walls are not cold to the touch.
- how I should prepare my wall before installing your Wall Decal? If your wall or surface is painted, dry and ready, there are just a few more steps you can take to make for an optimal installation experience. First, wipe down your walls. If the paint used was a No-VOC or Low-VOC paint, then use a mixture of 70% rubbing alcohol and 30% water and spray it onto a clean lint free towel and wipe the wall thoroughly. Wait about 15 minutes for the wall to dry. If you used standard paint you can use just water to wipe the walls.
- are Wall Decals removable? Yes all wall decals are removable. However because all walls are not created (or painted) equally, special care must be taken to prevent paint from being pulled off the wall during removal.
- how do I remove your Wall Decal? We recommend pre-heating the decal using a hair dryer. It will soften up the decal and adhesive. Then you can slowly start to pull the decal off the wall. Please pull downward and parallel to the wall. Not up and away! This will prevent the paint from chipping. If you feel that you have to use a lot of force to pull the decal off, heat up the decal more as you pull down.
- how do I clean my Wall Decal? Our Wall Decals can be wiped down with damp cloth or sponge. Warm soapy water is best! We do not recommend using harsh chemical cleaners or anything of that sort.
- can I choose shipping method? Yes, shipping method may be selected at checkout.
- do you ship to international? Yes, we ship worldwide. You should be aware that Customs & Import fees may apply to some international orders. These fees fluctuate by country and by order value, and we have no influence or control over them. The customer is responsible for all customs and/or import fees. By law, we cannot lower the invoice value or send the order as a gift.
- do you provide tracking numbers? You’ll receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number as soon as your order has been processed. Please allow 24 hours for the tracking number to become active. If you receive your confirmation email after 2:00PM EST on a Friday, please allow until the following Monday for tracking to become available.